Monday, May 23, 2011

Favorite Food Fast... Foundation Fasting Challenge Day 2

Monday, May 23rd
Food of Choice Fast
Today, we will challenge ourselves to give up a food that we eat every day. For instance, if you eat chocolate every day, try to go a day without it. Or if you eat bread in every meal, see what it’s like to take the extra effort to cut it out of your meals today. Today Stefani and I are giving up packaged or processed foods; for example, instead of eating poptarts for breakfast, I ate an apple instead; or instead of having pizza rolls for lunch, we will have a fresh salad with lemon juice being our salad dressing.

Today has been quite a journey already. I quickly realized my need to grocery shop. Pretty much everything in my house was packaged and processed. I was able to salvage an apple from my refrigerator of processed and out dated food for breakfast. As my stomach started to growl mid morning I was confronted with the fact that it was really time to grocery shop!

Stefani and I made an amazing salad with greens, orange bell pepper, fetta cheese (sketchy if this was processed or not..but we went with it), black berries, avacado, carrots, and lemon juice. I started eating the salad with the mindset that these are all ingredients that are God designed and created. Each of them were grown from the ground (obviously feta is not grown from the ground...but the cow for sure God created). I enjoyed each unique flavor in my salad.

How many times do we fail to stop and enjoy the food we eat? Sure there are those moments where we are on a sugar high or we crave a good steak... but how many times do we take the time to be intentional about what we eat?

1 Corinthians 10:31 tells us "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." I am pretty sure I don't glorify God by driving through Wendy's (Chick-Fil-A is a different story...God loves Chick-Fil-A) or when I waste half of my food. Do we really eat to glorify God? Do we stop and think about what we eat and why we eat? Do we glorify God by the food we waste?

My prayer for today is that I continue to appreciate his creation and the food that he has placed on this earth for us to enjoy and eat.

May we glorify God by what ever we do... not just today but everyday!

No comments: