Sunday, March 7, 2010

simple worship Psalm 100:1-3

Psalm 100:1-3 (New Living Translation)

1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

I love the act of worship. I love the thought of acknowledging the relationship we have with Christ through our songs, prayers, and speech. I love when things click within a community of believers and the presence of Christ is known. I love seeing the faces of kids and youth when they place their insecurities aside and truly worship the Lord. I love when time stops in worship and nothing else matters but what is happening right in front of you. I love it when we come as we are: broken, sad, confused, worried, angered, and depressed. And we leave the way God intends for us to be: inspired, free, loved, driven, and blessed.

Seek out the worship Christ wants you to be a part of. Spend sometime with the one who Created you. See all that the Lord has done and for just a moment... give thanks.

No comments: