Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stealing the day. Psalm 74:16

Psalm 74:16
The day is yours, and yours also the night; you established the sun and moon.

Creator-
Thank you so much for the beautiful sunshine and the beautiful attitudes that come with it. Many times I forget to recognize that each day is yours and every night is yours. I steal the days from you. Help me to remember that each day that you give me is not my own but yours. Instead of making my own to do list, I want you to lead each of my actions and words to reflect your plans for the day. I want to honor your day. Help me to take the time to appreciate the sunshine today and the rain from yesterday. I pray that I don't take today for granted but live it to the fullest. Help me to be a mirror of your love and grace to others. I am going to open windows and pause to sit in your sunshine. I am giving you today back and I am ready to give you each day instead of taking each day as my own! I am sorry for my daily greed and my nightly frustration. I am in awe of the beauty outside my window. Thank you!

Amen

No comments: