Thursday, February 18, 2010

Finding strength

Joshua 1:9 (New Living Translation)

9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

I can't believe I am about to admit this, but I am heavy lifting impaired. For many of you who know me, I know that this completely shocks you. The truth is I always think I am stronger in my head than I really am. I think I can move a huge piece of furnature by myself and then I go to move it and it won't even budge. Pair this infomation with the next secret I try to keep (I hate asking for help) and you can see the predicament I am in.

I am the same way in my relationship with Christ. I think I am stronger in my head than I actually am. When push comes to shove I think I can do everything on my own. When I am faced with a conflict or major problem I automatically think I can solve it on my own. This scripture reminds us that we are never alone. It tells us to be strong and courageous in the Lord. The scripture does not say be strong and courageous in Amanda. Instead of offering advice to friends I am going to offer them this scripture. I want to be strong in the Lord not stay week within myself. This is my prayer for today.

No comments: