Monday, February 22, 2010

God's exchange policy...

Philippians 4:6-7 (New Living Translation)

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Its honesty time...

I am stressed out! Work is crazy right now. My house is a hot mess. I am just stressed. My mind is filled with what ifs and what nows. My to do list is long and my fuse is short. I am on edge about pretty much everything.

Needless to say, if there were ever a time for me to not "worry about anything, and pray about everything" it is today. Thank goodness God placed this scripture in my lap.

Here is what I need....
I need direction. I need peace. I need to know what to do next.

Wouldn't life be easier of this scripture said: "Amanda, don't worry about work, I have it all covered. All you need to are these three things and you will feel so much better... in fact take some time off and I will send somebody to your house to clean it and do your grocery shopping... I am God... I have this covered!"

I am not telling you anything new when I say, life is not easy. But I think sometimes we make life harder than it needs to be. We sit and worry.. instead of exchanging that worry for peace. Its all about our focus. I choose to focus on what needs to be done instead of what God has already done to get us to this point.

This scripture clearly states two things: 1. Tell God what you need 2. thank God for what he has done.

I don't have a problem with #1............ but many times I lose focus on #2.

It should be like this: "Lord I need direction with what I need to do with work, but I want to thank you for placing me here and surrounding me with loving people and an amazing place to work"
-Or-
"Lord I need you to expand the time for me to get all of my laundry done for the week, and I want to thank you for providing me with every item of clothing I have and the ability to do laundry in my home."

I am very blessed. The Lord has blessed me with an amazing job with amazing people. I have more than I could ever ask for and more than I could ever need.

It takes scriptures like this one to help you focus your heart and your mind. The peace from God is an amazing gift that is always open to us.

Lord I need your peace... thank you for the unconditional love you have given me and this time that you have provided for me to focus on you and your word today.

I feel better already. :)

2 comments:

anna said...

WOW Miss Amanda. You don't even know how badly I needed this. Just reading the scripture brought me to tears. Thank you for being you!

Sarah said...

Once again, God speaks to me through you! Thanks - I needed this so much. I physically felt the weight lift off my chest when I read this.